These cheesy sweetcorn fritters have been a staple in our house for a very long time indeed. If you are lucky to have any left over then they freeze brilliantly. Just re-heat in an oven for a maximum of 10 minutes. You can defrost or cook from frozen.
- 100g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 150 ml milk
- 40g grated cheddar
- 198g sweetcorn, drained
- oil for frying
- Put the flour, baking powder, milk and egg in a bowl or jug. Use a hand blender to mix to a smooth batter.
- Stir in the cheese and sweetcorn
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop large spoons of the mix in the pan.
- Once bubbles have appeared on the surface and the underside is golden flip with a spatula to fry the other side.
- Enjoy eating your cheesy sweetcorn fritters.