Sunday breakfast/brunch/lunch is probably the meal I most consistently enjoy and look forward to. A fry-up is on my list of old favourites, served with these very tasty veggy sausages. They also freeze brilliantly if you don’t eat them all.
Do take a look at some of my other favourite breakfast/brunch recipes.
Recipe (makes approx 16)
- 200g unsalted cashews, soaked overnight if you have time
- 200g cooked vac-packed chestnuts
- 250g firm tofu
- 1 small red onion, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 150g breadcrumbs
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make
- Put the cashew nuts and chestnuts into a food processor and blitz to a fine-ish breadcrumb texture.
- Mash up or finely chop the tofu (depending on whether it is silken tofu which can be mashed or the other type) in a large mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil and mix well.
- Put a little oil onto your hands and shape the mix into sausage shape. Lay them on an tray and put them in the freezer to firm up for 5 minutes or so if cooking straight away. Otherwise put them in the fridge until you are ready to fry them.
- If freezing, they can be reheated in the oven either defrosted or from frozen.