This is easy but I won’t lie it can seem a bit laborious; there’s a lot of nut chopping and then regular turning of the Granola in the oven. It makes a lot though so you don’t have to make it too often.
You can eat this granola as is but you can also add dried fruit once cooked.
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g oats
- 170g mixed grains or oats only (I get these from a health food store)
- 200g mixed nuts, roughly chopped (you have to do this by hand with a sharp knife; don’t attempt to do it in a processor, you will end up with mostly ground nuts)
- 50g mixed/sunflower/pumpkin seeds
- 50g coconut shavings
- 40g coconut oil
- 120ml/172g runny honey
- 1 large egg white
- Put the dried ingredients into a large mixing bowl and give a good stir
- Put the coconut oil and honey in a microwaveable bowl. Heat until the coconut oil has melted into the honey
- Pour into the dried ingredients and stir until all are covered in the oil-honey mix
- Fluff up your egg white and mix through the granola
- Spread the granola onto a wide baking tray (the biggest you have) and place in the oven on 150C. It will take approx. 40 mins to cook. You will need to stir it regularly to cook evenly. It is ready when it looks ready ie golden in colour.
- I leave for 10 mins before doing the first stir and then decrease the time between stirrings as I go.